Thursday, September 10, 2009

Bringing home jayda

Recalling memories can prove to be either painful or a very pleasant experience depending on the memory. The more this situation impacted your life it seems the easier to remember it. One of the happiest days in my life to date was when i brought home my dog jayda.

Last November 2008, I was hanging out with a friend when we saw adds for rottweiler puppies in the newspaper. i never read the newspaper so when i came across this i became excited. i ended up taking down the number and calling a couple days later. i was hesitant to call because not only did it say they were pure bread but it did not have the price of the dogs listed. my second reason for not calling immediately was my parents. they don't seem to share the same love for animals as i do.

so when i finally called a man named mike answered and set up an appointment then informed me the puppies were only $250. this made me even more excited because they were cheaper than i thought. i took the trip up to emmitsburg, where he lives, and originally got lost. i ended up missing a turn that threw off my trip by like an hour. but when i finally arrived i was greeted by three huge rottweilers surrounding my car. when i got out the dogs barked but then came up to me and just wanted to be pet! i walked to the house and rang the door bell, still a little nervous because i had these big dogs surrounding me. when mike came to the door he greeted me and invited me to go to the back to check out the puppies. now on the phone when we spoke i mentioned that i wanted a boy but when i arrived there was only 3 girls left out of a litter of 3 boys and 4 girls. he proceeded to explain why the puppies were cheaper than usual telling me a story of how his wife just past away and he has no knowledge on how to breed dogs so he was just more looking to get rid of them rather than to make money.

so when i went into the shed i saw 3 adorable puppies. i was going to picked the one who was the least shy but my eyes were set on the fluffiest one sitting in the corner. i picked her up n she was frightened needless to say, but she didn't react she was quiet. when we got into the car my sister held her in the back seat the whole way home and she just slept.

Now at this time my parents still have no clue we got her so when i arrived at the house we sat in the car thinking of ways to get her in the house. finally we came to the agreement that we should just go inside and try our luck with her cuteness. as i walked though the door i was super nervous and my sister was carrying the dog so i went in first. i walked into the living room where my dad was and started by saying "So hey what would you do if we brought home a puppy?" he just gave me this look so i called my sister in and he was stunned for a couple minutes. He proceeded to yell and say "take it back" repeatedly. i informed him that i couldn't because the shelter hat i got her from was closed. he believed me so she got to stay that night but still had to be taken back the next day. that night i bathed her put her new pink collar on and played with her in the living room. she was shy at first but after an hour or so she just wanted to be held. my dad finally lighted up
and said well she is a cutie she can stay. That was the happiest night i have had, until it was bedtime!

1 comment: